In today’s economy, many people are struggling with their finances. Although some people may be embarrassed to admit they are having problems, most people’s financial problems are the result of circumstances beyond their control. Medical conditions, divorce or loss of a job can all create financial instability.
Kathleen G. Cully PLLC helps clients find debt relief by filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy and by negotiating with their creditors
Transactional, Corporate Governance and Bankruptcy Law Counsel
Ms. Cully has worked as a transactional and corporate law attorney, providing businesses in Manhattan the strong legal counsel they need. She now works with consumers to resolve bankruptcy needs. Ms. Cully handles legal problems related to:
- Bankruptcy law: Filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help people gain the fresh financial start they need. Ms. Cully helps people determine whether to file and which chapter is better for them; prepare and file the necessary documents; and manage the bankruptcy process.
- Debt negotiation: Debt negotiation can help you keep your credit record clean. Ms. Cully finds ways to manage with financial problems outside of bankruptcy.
- Corporate governance: Ms. Cully works with corporations to determine the most effective processes, policies and procedures for the company. She helps set up companies and ensures they comply with the law governing their structure.
- Corporate transactions: Drafting and negotiating business contracts can help prevent disputes down the road, and an experienced lawyer can help ensure they are properly prepared.
- Financial guaranty insurance: Also known as bond insurance. Ms. Cully assists people who hold insured securities and insurance regulators to understand bond insurance policies and to work with the insurers.
- Structured finance and securitization: Ms. Cully helps people understand how existing securities work, and she helps with workouts and managing assets such as mortgages.